MC DIARIES: Road trip to Kaputian Beach Resort

Down the road... chasing beach... capturing memories and enjoying the journey. These were the things I remember as I glimpse back on my first ever (not-so) long ride from the day I bought my motorcycle.


I found myself driving at the road with my MC buddies leading to a familiar place home of my not-that-great experience few years back. I was kinda hesitant on the idea of driving in a curvy, unfamiliar road considering my inexperienced skills in driving motorcycle, but I continue anyway for the sake of pursuing what I love most.. Traveling.


Malipano Island, Pearl Farm, Samal

We left Davao city at around 4:30pm, hit the Babak-to-Kaputian highway around 5pm at high speed to avoid being trapped in the dark. Our ride went smooth and fun as we hit the curvy, descending road to Kaputian - an indication that we are few kilometers away to our destination. And just before darkness slowly fills the blue sky, a magnificent view of Malipano Island greeted us. For a few minutes, we took rest and feast our eyes with the beautiful landscape of Davao Gulf and the luxurious Malipano Island.


Darkness filled the streets when we arrived at the humble community of Kaputian, we looked for a place to eat as we are dead hungry from an hour ride, luckily there are many karinderyas at the road side. We settled on a small barbecue house, ordered native chicken lechon, a dozen of pork barbecue and a bounty of rice. I ate with my bare hands notwithstanding the freshly cooked rice. The whole experience became a feast in my stomach.


We then headed to Kaputian Beach resort where we'll be spending our night. We fixed our music instruments we brought along then played some good old OPM songs with a glass of emperador light and pineapple juice. It was the very same scenario which happened few years back thus my not-that-great experience bash. All along we are enjoying the night until the sky spills a heavy downpour. It was like Deja Vu. We ended up hiding under the nipa hut trying to avoid gale and from getting wet. We capped our night conversing about our good old high school years. Cheers to that oldie but goodie memories.


Morning welcomed us with a charming view of the calm sea. It was so inviting that my physically tired body took its path to the shore. I then found myself swimming on the cold pristine waters of Kaputian Beach. I made sure that I'll swim-to-sawa before I go back to the shore (It was what I failed to do during my first visit because we took the first trip back to Davao). Friends joined me in and we waste the rest of our time swimming and hurdling the gentle waves of the turquoise water of Kaputian beach.



Its been 4 years since my first visit at this resort, there has been a little changes, but the beauty of the beach still remains. I roamed around the entire vicinity to take some photographs before we leave and then whispered to myself "it was a great experience" at last!


Kaputian Beach resort is a great destination if you want a relaxing way to enjoy your vacation with your familyand friends. It is just 28kms away from Babak Port or a 40 minutes ferry ride from Sta. Ana wharf of Davao city. Kaputian Beach resort is waiting for you. ^_~

Panoramic view of Kaputian Beach resort, Samal Island

This is my 1st post under the category "motorcycle diaries". Motorcycle diaries will be about my roadtrips with my new MC. :)

Jay Vie Piamonte

Is an adventurer on a budget who wishes to explore the beautiful Philippines. He's currently an active volunteer of the Happy Forest Kids of Davao.

2 comments: