Exciting Rides at Maryrose Grand Carnival

March 19, 2013 , 3 Comments


After taking part of the ‘Parada Dabawenyo’ event of the 76th Araw ng Dabaw, I'm at loss on where to go next. I was thinking of experiencing something new that’s extremely fun and exciting but I can’t think of any destination that fits those other than Mary Rose Carnival in Matina. ^_~



Carnivals are present during festive events such as the Araw ng Dabaw month long celebration where Mary Rose Carnival isn’t 'new' in the city during such event. Mary Rose was considered as the ‘mini’ Enchanted Kingdom by some locals and visitors with its exciting and thrilling rides.




I was excited to try the rides since a lot of my facebook friends keep on tagging this carnival with an exaggerated burst of chuba'ek'ek on their status (lol. joke). I had my 'supposed' first hand experience of carnival rides at Magsaysay Park way back when I was a little kid. But! I was so scared to take the step inside the ride that I even cried which convinced my father to backed out (true story). What a waste of money. tsk.





Just to prove that the used to be fraidy-cat me has transformed into a brave young man, I purchased a ticket on one of their scariest ride, the notorious Crazy Mouse Coaster. The most famous ride since it’s been on the news (the accident). Again, I hesitated big time before my turn. But then I have to do it because my gf and her sibling will be joining me. The moment we started moving, there’s no turning back.


It started with an uphill climb close to a 45 degree angle, then later on sped up while approaching a curve. It was an extremely scary ride since I have no idea on where it was going. The blind curves and downhill was the scariest moment as I can’t help but think of the possibility that the bolts or joints might loosen up every time we are approaching a curve (what a thought!), that scared the shit out of me. The adrenaline rush and the thrill heats up as it goes faster and faster. After a round of crazy coaster ride, I felt like it was so 'bitin' even though it was one hell of a ride. Two rounds might be a better deal.




We then moved on to the next famous ride, the Sea Dragon. It was a huge ship-liked structure that has a dragon head on both ends (familiar of a dragon boat?). Some folks considered this as the most deadly ride of Mary Rose. It can cater up to 30 passengers swinging at high speed that will take you to an excitingly new level of height and adventure on every wave. Though for me this is less thrilling compared to Crazy Mouse Coaster, still, it was a fun ride. Why? Because I find it hilarious watching other riders in front of me screaming the hell out every time it goes up and down. HAHA. I even recorded it. Evil me. :)))) Anyway, this is a great way to counter your fear of heights, so I dare those who are afraid of heights to try this awesome ride and share your experiences online.

The rides you can try at Mary Rose Carnival are the ff: Sea Dragon, Crazy Mouse Coaster, Carousel, Bump Car, Cable Car, Scramble (also known as Octopus), Swing Carousel, Air Force, Fire Brigade,Wall of Death, Cup and Saucer and Telecombat. If you wan't to know the rates just scroll down to the bottom.


Bump Car

Cable Car

Swing Carousel

On a serious note, every time I think about doing something new, something extreme, fear and hesitation was always there to stop me. I hate it when all I could do is just imagine the things that I supposed to do. It’s always a great feeling when you counter your fear just like this new experience I had at Mary Rose, I pushed myself to the limit and get the hell out of my comfort zone just for a while, it made me realized how great awesome life is. This is something I should remind myself every day. ^_^

The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. 
- Nelson Mandela

Cup and Saucer

Carousel

Anyway, Mary Rose Carnival is a place where you can bond with your family, friends and loved ones. For those adventure seekers who want to enjoy this awesome rides, they are still operating until March 31, 2013 at Matina, adjacent to Mcdonalds. They are open at as early as 4pm until 12midnight.

been here? how's your experience? what can you say? share your experiences below... ^_^

Mary Rose entrance fee

Entrance fee: 20Php/person

Ride rates

Sea Dragon = 50Php
Crazy Mouse Coaster = 50Php
Carousel = 30Php
Bump Car = 50Php
Cable Car = 50Php
Scramble = 40Php
Swing Carousel = 30Php
Air Force = 30Php
Fire Brigade = 30Php
Wall of Death = 30 Php
Cup and Saucer = 30Php
Telecombat = 30Php

Jay Vie Piamonte

Is an adventurer on a budget who wishes to explore the beautiful Philippines. He's currently an active volunteer of the Happy Forest Kids of Davao.

3 comments:

  1. That sea dragon! I remember when I was in Enchanted Kingdom with my family. It's one hell of a scary ride that made me have a trauma! hahaha!

    but I would love to try again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let's try it again together with DB. If my memory serves me right, there's an event for this.? that would be fun. hahaha

      Delete
  2. Hi! The rides look interesting.
    Do you have Mary Rose Carnival's contact number?

    If yes, please send their contact details to my email @ acereop@yahoo.com.
    I would really appreciate your help.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete