DAVAO ORIENTAL: Dahican Beach - Mati's untouched paradise

December 11, 2013 , , , 5 Comments

Younger generations like me(ehem) always seeks fun and adventure and is always on the go especially when speaking of vacation. "laag" in VisayanSo, as soon as my MC buddies planned a trip to Mati's surf and skim boarding haven - Dahican, I just nodded then silently yelled yes finally!


Mati City of Davao Oriental was best known as the beach Capital of Davao Region because of its two face of beach - the open sea with a powdered white beach shore and the tortoise deep waters that facing Davao gulf. It is about 192kms away from Davao City and will take about 3 or more hours of land trip.

This journey is by far the longest ride I have tried to date and honestly I am not yet confident with my driving skills, so I took it as a challenge. We departed from Davao City at around 6am heading to the City of Mati. The ride was fun even though it was a bit butt-numbing. Before we finally arrive at the City center, we managed to take some photos with the sleeping dinosaur of Mati.


We arrived at Mati City around 10am, went to the market and bought some foods to cook then finally continued our way to Dahican.


At first glance of Dahican from botona beach, I was stoked at what I saw. It was an exceptional view. It was worth all the trembling hours of long ride. Surely, Dahican can give you the best kind of summer and holiday experience without spending too much.



We still have a long day to enjoy the beach so I roam around and take some photos. I walked almost half of the 7km shore of Dahican barefoot without minding the heat. I got to enjoy every bit of what it offers. The long untouched shore of Dahican makes it more appealing and inviting and in that long stretch of powdered pure white sand you can see no presence of established resorts but instead a row of small boats of the locals and their homes. Life in dahican is very simple and pristine. It is very welcoming. It is like home away from home. It seems like nature has given the best in here. I fell in love with the place more and I'm sure I'll be going back. 


The blue sky was about to change its hues as we prepare our tents along the shoreline at amihan sa Dahican. We took a dip at Dahican's turquoise waters only to find out that it has a deep and steep slope. So a few steps will drown you if you don't know how to swim. Then we had our dinner and enjoyed the rest of the night with a bottle of Emperador light "gawin mong light ang buhay" cheers!.

A group of future skim boarding champions


I woke up early to chase sunrise, but dark clouds spoiled my morning date with the sun so I just again walked my way to Amihan and just watched aspiring surfers and skim boarders having their early morning practice before going to school. I got the chance to see the famous Sonny Boy "Bayogyog" Aporbo having his morning rituals with the waves. It was such a wonderful day to start with and I'm loving every minute of my stay here. ^_^


I enjoyed my 2 days vacation at this awesome beach. I will come back again soon. ^_^


----------------------------------------

How to get to Dahican, Mati City

  • from Davao City, go to Ecoland bus terminal, take a bus bound for Mati City. bus fare is around 250-300 and will take 3-4 hours travel time. From the town center you can take a habal-habal to Dahican. It is just a 20 minutes ride and will cost 40 Pesos/head.



Jay Vie Piamonte

Is an adventurer on a budget who wishes to explore the beautiful Philippines. He's currently an active volunteer of the Happy Forest Kids of Davao.

5 comments:

  1. Bro can you text me at 0998 463 5687 or 0915 823 4658 got some question to ask bihira kasi ako mag net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!,,love your photos btw.
    Uhmm, regading dahican, do you have an idea on bus schedules from mati back to davao city? I have been surfing the net for info on the bus sched but most blogs only discuss bus scheds from davao to mati. I was hoping you have an idea on this matter. Btw, if we take the bus to mati and we want to stop by the sleeping dinosaur to take a photo.. will the bus wait for us? If not, do we have any other way of continuing our trip to mati? Thanks.. i hope you can respond to my queries. We will be in davao on August 20 - 24 .. can you email me at chriszyme@yahoo.com or sms me at 09169769386? thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello po. If you need a Van for rent pwde po kami . Toyota Hi-Ace Commuter, 17 pax capacity and Starex . Rate starts at 3500+renters fuel for out of Davao City tour . For queries please feel free to contact me 09078955582 . Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Looking forward to visit mati davao oriental soon!
    For those who want to rent motorbikes around phil pls visit book2wheel.com

    ReplyDelete