Celebrating Chinese New Year w/ Davao Bloggers

February 10, 2013 , 2 Comments


It's been almost 2 years since I joined Davao Bloggers group on Facebook. Been actively posting links of my adventures and blogs but never had the chance (and the courage) to attend any of the events at least once. If not because of Sir Jonas of J.Lab's Life, I may be hiding at the back of my free domain still, wishing that someday I can introduce myself to the group.


I started blogging since friendster days. I wrote about almost anything that crosses my mind. Funny thing is, I don't even know the meaning of blogging and how it works. I was just persuaded by some popular 'identities' who uses blog as a preview of their life.

Enough of the drama! back to topic...

This is my first time attending an event of the group. I hesitated at first. Even made a deal with myself that if I will not make it, I'll stop blogging forever. I guess that gave me enough courage to step in front of the Lon Wa Temple. ha ha ha... Can you blame me? no.. I love blogging (even though my grammar is a headache).. I feel outcast at first but after Jonas introduced me to the group, I already felt comfortable and at ease. These good guys and gals are doing a great job on keeping the tight bond of the group. Kudos.


some photos from Lon Wa Temple

So the photo walk event was all about the rich culture of the Chinese community. We meet at the Lon Wa Buddhist Temple (my next post). We toured the biggest Buddhist temple in Mindanao that is located at J.P Cabaguio avenue. After the tour inside the temple, we were suppose to start our photo walk but it started raining so we  decided to take a motorela to chinatown instead.


the Prosperity Archway 

The grandest archway of Davao Chinatown at uyanguren st.

While we are at the Arch of Prosperity, the rain stopped for a while so we started our photowalk towards the next archway located at uyanguren street. The Arch of Unity at uyanguren st. serves as the main entrance of Chinatown, it is also the grandest of all the arches in Davao. Davao Chinatown is also known as Mindanao Chinatown for it is the only Chinatown in Mindanao. (you can read more at wikipedia)


Davao Bloggers in action.

After the shoot at the Arch of Unity, we headed our way on a mall named DCLA to zip a cup of milk tea and eat siomai for our merienda. Then we headed towards Rong Fa House Chinese Cuisine that serves an authentic Chinese cuisines. We stayed for a couple of hours at Rong Fa House due to the uncooperative weather. 

Arch of Peace at Sta. Ana avenue



As the rain stops and flood slowly subsides, the journey towards our final destination started. We hail a trike that would lead us to Sta. Ana avenue where the Arch of Peace was located. The trike ride was one of the most thrilling thing I experienced during this photowalk. Why? eh lumusong lang naman yung sinasakyan naming tricycle sa gitna ng bahang kalsada. ha ha


blogging is not an easy task or a career to pursue. It takes so much time, effort and dedication. But the perks of being a blogger is what keeps me going. By this event, I was able to meet different personalities who shares the same passion by writing and sharing it to the world through blogs. The extremely challenging experiences I had with my co-Davao bloggers during this photo walk is definitely a memorable one.


I am still in search for the 'most memorable' experience with the Davao Bloggers so expect me on the upcoming events. ^_~


Jay Vie Piamonte

Is an adventurer on a budget who wishes to explore the beautiful Philippines. He's currently an active volunteer of the Happy Forest Kids of Davao.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! at least you had a great experience amidst the weather!

    It was fun having a photowalk! Till next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will join again next time. thanks for the invite Sir Jonas.. sana next time ayos na ang panahon. hehe

      Delete